Terms of Service
www.reputio.com (the Website) is owned and operated by Reputio Pte. Ltd. (Reputio, we, us, our). We provide our clients (Clients, you, your) inter alia the following digital PR services (Services):
- Drafting and publishing promotional content in select publications (Articles);
- Designing and implementing link building campaigns (Link Campaign); and
- Generating and editing Wikipedia pages for your business (Wikipedia Page).
We reserve the right to update, modify, replace, limit, and expand the Website and the Services.
You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to using the Website or engaging the Services.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions record an agreement between you and us for the purposes of your use of the Website.
By using the Website you are accepting these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice.
Use of the Website does not require an account or registration, and any person or entity that can access the Website may use it.
Use of any of the Services may require registration, application, or consultation in accordance with the requirements for those Services.
You agree to use the Website for its intended purpose. You may not use the Website for any illegal or unauthorised purpose, including the transmission of malware. You must not use the Website to violate any laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to copyright laws.
You must not use the Website for any unconscionable behaviour or activity, including but not limited to:
- Engaging in abusive, derogatory, discriminatory, or vexatious behaviour;
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or corrupts the Website or the networks that host the Website; or
- Attempting to hack, reverse-engineer, disable, circumvent, or otherwise gain access to any security, database, or other secure aspect of the Website.
You may link to the Website only:
- With our prior express permission;
- In a way that is fair, unbiased, legal and does not damage or exploit our reputation; or
- In a way that does not suggest either express or implied any association or endorsement by us.
- You must remove or procure the removal of any link to the Website immediately upon receiving notice from us to do so. We may give such notice at our absolute discretion without justification.
These Terms and Conditions apply continuously and anew each time you access the Website. You should read these Terms and Conditions each time you access the Website to ensure you are familiar with their contents.
If you are engaging us to provide the Services, these Terms and Conditions apply during the period we are providing the Services to you, and any terms intending to survive termination of these Terms and Conditions continue to apply thereafter.
We may restrict your access to the Website or terminate the Services if:
- You breach any of these Terms and Conditions;
- You treat any of our employees, partners, affiliates, directors, agents, or other associates in a manner that is rude, aggressive, violent, or otherwise unduly disrespectful.
5. Engaging Reputio
These Terms and Conditions will apply to your engagement of the Services, and you are required to adhere to these Terms and Conditions when we provide the Services to you.
To engage Reputio for one or more of the Services, you can contact a member of our team through the Website, or send us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you contact us, depending on the information you have provided, we will either:
- Provide you with a quote (Quote) to provide the Service you have requested; or
- Organise a consultation to further discuss your requirements, following which we will provide you with a Quote.
A Quote is valid for 7 days after issue, unless we expressly withdraw it before the expiry of 7 days. If you do not engage us within 7 days of the Quote being issued, we reserve the right to issue a fresh Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not obliged to honour a Quote later than 7 days of it being issued.
We are not formally engaged until you have paid and we have accepted payment which is consistent with a Quote. There is no legal agreement between us and you until we have been formally engaged. We are in no way obliged to provide the Services until we have been formally engaged, even if a Quote has already been issued. We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Services at our absolute discretion for any reason prior to being formally engaged. If we do not agree to provide the Services, any money that you have paid towards the Services being provided will be promptly refunded.
Either prior to or after we are formally engaged to provide the Services, we will provide you with the following information:
- An outline of the work we are providing:
- Estimated timeframes to complete the work, including where applicable anticipated milestones; and
- Any other information relevant to your matter.
Where we provide estimated timeframes, these are estimates only and we are in no way obliged to meet these timeframes. We will, however, endeavour to keep you up to date on any changes to anticipated timeframes as and when we become aware of these changes. We are in no way liable, and you fully indemnify us from any liability incurred, and for any loss or damage caused by the Service or a milestone being met later than the estimated date provided.
6. Terms of Service
If you are engaging us to prepare and publish an Article:
- We make no guarantee that the Article prepared will meet your exact preferences or expectations. You acknowledge that we write our Articles on the basis of our expertise, experience, and analysis, as well as to meet the publisher’s or blog’s requirements. If you disagree with or are unsatisfied with the Article produced, we may at our own discretion make ad hoc amendments, however you acknowledge that you are not entitled to a refund on the basis that the Article produced is different to what you expected.
- We make no guarantee that the Article prepared will receive a high number of views, hits, or positive feedback. We prepare the Article on the basis of your instructions, and are limited to the subject matter and topics provided by you. We make no warranty or representation that this subject matter will appeal to the market.
- We prepare the Article as part of our Service. We may at our absolute discretion use an Article that you have provided us for the purposes of publishing the Article, however we reserve the right to reject any Article that you have provided for any reason. If you submit an Article and we accept, we do not guarantee that this will reduce the Price or the Quote, and any impact on the Price or Quote will be assessed by us on a case by case basis.
- We reserve the right to publish articles and backlinks on subdomains or subfolders that have been selected by us at our own discretion. While we will make reasonable efforts to place articles on your preferred subdomain or subfolder, this will not be possible in all cases. You will not be entitled to a refund or a termination of the agreement because we were unable to place the article on your preferred subdomain or subfolder.
- You accept that there is a risk that the web pages containing your backlinks may be removed by blog administrators. In such cases, we will migrate the backlinked article to another website of similar domain authority (+/- 10 DA), if the page containing your backlink was removed within 180 days after it being published. A page being removed as contemplated by this clause will not be grounds for a refund or an early termination of the Service.
- You accept that there is a risk that published articles containing your backlinks may not be indexed, or will be de-indexed by Google after publishing. You accept that Reputio is a service for writing articles, publishing articles and securing backlinks only, and there is no guarantee that articles will be indexed in Google, nor is it a part of the Reputio service. A page not being indexed, or being de-indexed by Google If articles are not indexed or de-indexed by Google will not be grounds for a refund or an early termination of the Service.
- You accept that your Article will not always contain your preferred anchor text and / or URL. Many websites cannot accept certain anchor texts and URLs, and we cannot guarantee any anchor texts or URLs. If an Article is published with a different anchor text or URL than your preference, this will not be grounds for a refund or an early termination of the Service.
- You accept that all articles written are created to meet the publisher’s or blog’s requirements only, not your requirements or requests. You will not be entitled to use article relevancy, niche, topic or quality as a reason to request a refund or an early termination of the Service.
If you are engaging us to prepare a Link Campaign, we make no guarantee that the Link Campaign will increase traffic to your business or website. Our Link Campaign Service will procure links to your business or website on third party website to assist with SEO and traffic, however you acknowledge that the success of the campaign is largely reliant on the quality of your business or website, and that you will not be entitled to any recourse if you do not experience an increase of traffic, sales, or exposure as a result of the Link Campaign.
If you are engaging us to prepare a Wikipedia Page, we make no guarantee that the Wikipedia Page will generate high traffic. We prepare the Wikipedia Page on the basis of your instructions and are limited to the subject matter and topics provided by you. We make no warranty or representation that this subject matter will appeal to the market.
While we are providing the Services to you, you must:
- Be responsive, cooperative, and professional in dealing with us to enable us to provide the Services efficiently;
- Comply with any reasonable requests for information or materials that we make and, if you are unable to comply, you agree provide us with a brief explanation why;
- Be respectful, courteous and honest in dealing with us; and
- You must provide complete and accurate information to us, whether requested by us or provided by you at your own initiative, to enable us to provide the Service competently.
7. Price and Payment
The price for the Services and any other charges (Price) will be as specified in the Quote and agreed with you. The Price and Quote do not include GST.
We will issue you with an invoice (Invoice) for the Price, and payment for the Invoice must be made within 7 days of the invoice being issued, or as otherwise agreed in writing by us. We accept payments made through bank transfer, PayPal or Payoneer. If you pay using PayPal, you will be charged a 4.4% processing fee which will be levied against the Price and GST.
You acknowledge that you have authority to utilise the nominated payment method for the purpose of paying the Price.
You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient cleared funds or financial capacity in the nominated payment method to honour the transaction when it falls due.
We will not be held responsible for any fees and charges imposed by your financial institution or any other third party that may be incurred if there are insufficient funds in your account or the payment fails.
Failure to pay an Invoice within the time required will be grounds for us to terminate these Terms and Conditions and cease providing the Services.
In the event that these Terms and Conditions are terminated in accordance with clause 7.6:
- You will forfeit any money you have paid towards the services prior to termination; and
- We retain all proprietary rights in any of the materials produced by the Services prior to termination.
8. Refund Policy
If an Article is de-indexed by Google or removed for any reason:
- If the Article is removed within 45 days of us publishing it, you will be entitled to a full refund;
- If the Article is removed between 45 to 180 days of us publishing it, you will not be entitled to any refund, however we will migrate the Article to a website of similar domain authority (+/- 10 DA); and
- If the Article is removed after 180 days of us publishing it, you will not be entitled to any refund or migration, however we may at our absolute discretion offer to migrate the Article to a website of similar domain authority (+/- 10 DA) to maintain good business relations.
- If an Article needs to be re-written for any reason, you will be obliged to pay a fee of $50 over and above the Price.
9. Intellectual Property in the Service Output
Where you engage us to prepare Articles:
- Where we prepare the content for the Article, we retain all intellectual property rights, copyrights and other proprietary rights in the Article. When the Article is finalised and ready to be published in our select publications, we grant you a lifelong, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revokable licence to republish, display, and otherwise use the Article in a manner approved by us which does not conflict with these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions or in the Services gives you the ability or right to plagiarise the article, pass it off as your own, or resell the substantive content of the article to any third party;
- Where you provide us with the Article content, you retain all intellectual property rights in the Article; and
- Where we submit the Article to a third party publisher, whether the content has been prepared by us or you, the Article is subject to the terms and conditions and intellectual property policies of the third party publisher. We make no warranties or representations, and accept no liability with regards to the third party publisher’s terms and conditions.
Where you engage us to prepare Link Campaigns for you, we retain all intellectual property rights, copyrights, and other proprietary rights in the systems, techniques, data, analytics, procedures, and other pre-existing intellectual property utilised to design the Link Campaign.
Where you engage us to build a Wikipedia Page, we retain all intellectual property rights, copyrights and other proprietary rights in (subject to and to the full extent possible under Wikipedia’s terms and conditions) the substantive content of the Wikipedia Page and any systems, techniques, data, analytics, procedures, and other pre-existing intellectual property utilised to design the Wikipedia Page. As Wikipedia is a publicly editable page, you (and third parties) may edit the Wikipedia Page after we have completed our Services. We do not claim any proprietary rights in content added to the Wikipedia Page after we have completed our Services.
We reserve the right to use any data or analytics generated during or after the completion of the Article, Link Campaign, or Wikipedia Page for the purposes of improving our Services, advertising, promoting our Services, or any other use available to us at law.
10. Intellectual Property in the Website
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise creates an assignment of any rights in the Website beyond the ability to use it for its intended use.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise creates the right for you to sublicense the Website.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you undertake not to reverse engineer, replicate, or otherwise copy the Website. We reserve all our rights to seek compensation, damages, injunctions, or any other remedy available to us at law if any attempt to do so, whether successful or unsuccessful, is made by you, your business or its members, employees, officers, affiliates, customers, or anyone else.
All intellectual property and ownership rights subsisting in the Website (including the user interface and the software comprising the Website), the data derived from your use of the Website, all content including but not limited to trademarks, names, layout, colour schemes, URL’s, photos, drawings, images, catalogues, audio, video, and any other documentation, information or materials that are supplied by the Website to you (Website Content), remain our or our third party licensors exclusive property. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions assigns any ownership rights to you. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions gives you the right to use any of the Website Content for any reason including without limitation utilizing, copying, distributing, re-publishing or copying the Website Content.
11. Operation of the Website
As a user of the Website you warrant that you will comply fully with all of our operating instructions. Any failure to comply fully with operating instructions may result in the sub-par or faulty performance of the Website.
We accept no liability, and you release us from any such liability, associated with faults or errors caused by your non-compliance with all operating instructions.
12. Modifications to the Website
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Website and its products and services with or without notice.
We accept no liability if any such modification or discontinuance causes any loss or damage to you or causes any disruptions to your use of the Website.
13. Linking to Third Party Content
The Website may contain links to third-party websites not under our control or operation. We may provide any such links only as a convenience. We do not endorse and we are not responsible for nor have any control over the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Linked sites may be subject to their own terms and conditions. We do not verify or warrant the legality or suitability of those terms and conditions, however encourage you to read them before accessing or using the linked site. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of you accessing a linked site.
By using the Website and engaging the Services, you represent and warrant to us that we will not be liable for any direct or indirect expense, damage or injury (including indirect loss of revenue, profits, goodwill or business opportunity) howsoever caused, including arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with your use of the Website or Services.
Subject to any of the rights you may have under consumer protection laws, we exclude to the fullest extent possible all implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the Website, Services, or any other matter under these Terms and Conditions.
15. Limitation of liability
The Website is made available to you on an “as is” basis. We make no warranties, representations or conditions of any kind, express, statutory or implied as to:
- The operation and functionality of the Website;
- the accuracy, integrity, completeness, quality, legality, usefulness, safety and IP rights of any of the Website content; and/or
- the products and services associated with the Website or Services. We further disclaim all warranties, express, statutory or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, that you obtain from us shall create any warranty, representation or condition not expressly stated herein.
We disclaim all liability for any:
- indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, reliance or consequential damages;
loss of profits;
- business interruption;
- network interruptions;
- loss or damage to reputation of us or any third party; or
- loss of information or data. We further disclaim all liability for any loss or damage arising out of your use of the Website or the Services.
Your use of the Website is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any resulting loss or damage, including but not limited to, any loss of data or damage to your computer(s) or networks from viruses that may be downloaded to your computer in the course of using the Website. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, the limitation or exclusion of implied warranties, or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. If you reside in such a jurisdiction, the above limitations shall apply to you to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
As Wikipedia is a resource that can be publicly edited, you acknowledge and agree that the Wikipedia Page may be edited by third parties outside of our control, and we accept no liability for any changes made to the substantive content of the Wikipedia Page after it is published.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our members, managers, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- Your access to or use of the Website or Services;
- Your violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Any infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defence of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
17. Force Majeure
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by events outside our control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non- happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- Epidemic, pandemic or other health emergency (whether declared or not); and
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms and Conditions may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to create, collect and / or store any metadata resulting from your use of the Website. To the extent permitted by law, we may use metadata for a variety of functions including (but not limited to) conducting investigations, helping us manage and administer the Website, for purposes of search engine optimisation and to drive traffic to the Website. To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to share your information (including metadata) with government agencies and authorities to the extent this is required or requested of us.
You understand that we use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website.
You must not modify, adapt or hack the Website or modify another website or software so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Website or us.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Website, use of the Website, or access to the Website without our prior written express permission. We claim copyright and all other intellectual property rights over the Website and its other products and services and reserves all of our rights.
Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any of our employees, members, representatives, or officers may result in you being banned from the Website.
We do not warrant that:
- The Website will meet your specific requirements;
- The Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- The content that may be obtained from the use of the Website will be accurate or reliable;
- Any errors in the Website will be corrected.
You expressly understand, agree and warrant that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the Website;
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- or any other matter relating to the Website.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms and Conditions constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and governs your use of the Website, superseding any prior agreements between you and us.
Any part of these Terms and Conditions that is invalid, prohibited or not enforceable will not void the balance of the Terms and Conditions. All other parts will be enforced without regard to the invalid provision and continue to be valid in accordance with their terms.
We make no representations or warranties that the content of the Website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia.
Any queries about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to us by email at email@example.com.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of the Republic of Singapore.