- Drafting and publishing promotional content in select publications;
- Designing an implementing link building campaigns; and
- Generating and editing Wikipedia pages for your business.
The types of information we collect and hold
The types of information we may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about:
- clients, business associates and potential clients and their employees;
- suppliers and their employees; and
- prospective employees and contractors.
Personal information that we collect and hold may include:
- your name, address, contact telephone number and other contact details such as your email address;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our services in specific cases; and
- activity data and details of your use of our products or services.
You are not obliged to provide personal information to Reputio. However, in many cases, if you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to supply the relevant product or service that you have requested from us.
If it is necessary to provide specific services to you, we may collect sensitive information about you. However, we will only collect sensitive information from you if you agree to provide it to us, you authorise us to obtain it from a third party or where the collection of the information is required or authorised by or under law, or a Court/Tribunal order or otherwise where the collection is not prohibited under relevant laws.
How personal information is collected and held by us
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- when you fill in and return to us a client form;
- when you submit personal information through our website or software (such as when you send us a message or fill out an online form);
- in person, for example, when you engage with our employees, agents, or customer service representatives; and
- when you communicate with us via email, telephone or messaging services;
- in the course of providing services to you.
We store personal information in cloud-hosted storage facilities, computer storage facilities, and paper-based files. We take steps to protect your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, use modification or disclosure. Some examples of the steps we take to protect your personal information include:
- ensuring there are suitable password protection measures and access privileges in place to monitor and control access to our IT systems;
- imposing restrictions on physical access to paper files;
- requiring any third parties engaged by Reputio to provide appropriate assurances to handle your personal information in a manner consistent with relevant laws; and
- taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information after we no longer need it for our business or to comply with the law.
Data protection rights
Every user of the Platform has the following rights:
- the right to request Reputio for copies of your personal data.
- the right to request that we rectify any information you believe is inaccurate.
- the right to request that we erase your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to object to our processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances.
- the right to request that transfer your personal data to another organisation, in certain circumstances.
Collection of personal information through website activity
Information that may identify you as a user may be gathered during your access to the Platform through cookies and other means.
A cookie is a piece of data that allows the server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. The cookie assists us in identifying what our users find interesting on the Platform.
Cookies will be allocated the first time you use the Platform and may be updated upon subsequent uses. The cookies do not identify you as an individual in our data collection process, however they do identify your internet service provider.
Analytics and anonymisation
The information generated by your use of the Platform and Services will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in your country of residence. Google will use the information on behalf of Reputio for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Platform and Services, compiling reports on activity for us and providing us with other services relating to activity and internet usage. You may refuse the use of these cookies via the settings in your browser as explained above. You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for a variety of business purposes including:
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us;
- to process payments;
- to improve our business, products and the Services;
- to promote our business to you;
- to market other Reputio services or products to you;
- to handle and respond to your enquiries, complaints or concerns;
- to generate statistical data generated out of your and others use of the Platform; and
Publicly available data
We may also process and make use of personal data that is publicly available and relevant to our Services. When we collect publicly available information we may not have a way to ensure that personal data in such materials has been processed in accordance with applicable laws. However, if you notify us that your personal data contained in such materials is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of applicable data protection laws, we may delete it upon verification of your identity.
We also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
- notify you about the details of new services and products offered by us;
- send you our newsletters and other marketing publications;
- administer our databases for client service, marketing and financial accounting purposes; and
- to comply with our legal requirements regarding the collection and retention of information concerning the products and services that we provide.
If you do not wish to disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing or you would like to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications, you can do so by contacting Reputio using the contact details set out below, or by following the instructions to unsubscribe which are contained in a communication that you receive from us.
Third party service providers
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to promote, market or improve the services that we provide, including:
- providers of customer relations management database services and marketing database services;
- marketing consultants, promotion companies and website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We may also combine your information with information available from other sources, including the entities mentioned above, to help us provide better services to you.
Where we do share information with third parties, we require that there are contracts in place that only allow use and disclosure of personal information to provide the service and that protect your personal information. Otherwise, we will disclose personal information to others if you’ve given us permission, or if the disclosure relates to the main purpose for which we collected the information and you would reasonably expect us to do so.
How we handle requests to access your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information which we hold about you and to request its correction. You can make such a request by contacting us using the contact details set out in this policy.
We will respond to any such request for access as soon as reasonably practicable. Where access is to be given, we will provide you with a copy or details of your personal information in the manner requested by you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We will not charge you a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, we may charge you a reasonable fee for giving you access to your personal information.
In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to the information you have requested or only give you access to certain information. If we do this, we will provide you with a written statement setting out our reasons for refusal, except where it would be unreasonable to do so.
How we handle requests to correct your personal information
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete, you can ask us to update or correct it. To do so, please contact us using the contact details listed below.
How to contact us or make a complaint
We will acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information as soon as practicable. We will take reasonable steps to remedy any failure to comply with our privacy obligations.